Therefore, it only makes sense to hire a content marketing firm to write content for your law firm’s blog. You have already taken the right first step by choosing a company that exclusively produces content for law firms instead of one of those generic content mills where algorithms and keywords are the priority. To ensure that you get blog content that meets your standards and helps you achieve your marketing goals, these are things that you should let the marketing firm know, so that its writers can compose blog posts that will appeal to your audience.
Don’t Leave the Writers Guessing
If you just say, “I need one blog post per week,” even the best writers cannot reliably submit blog posts that you will find acceptable. Good writers will do as much research as they can; they will read your law firm’s website and look at the blogs or other law firms with similar practice areas, but they can’t read your mind. The more information you give the writers, the better the posts they will write. These are some important things to tell the content marketing firm when requesting blog posts.
· A list of specific topics for posts, if possible
· An outline of how the post should be structured (for example, introduction, paragraph about the law or legal principle in question, paragraph about a news story or court decision where this legal principle plays a role, call to action)
· What you want the call to action to say (for example, phone number, law firm’s slogan, mention of geographic area)
· Keywords (the fewer the better, or else the posts will sound like bot-written SEO content)
· Things to avoid saying (for example, mention of controversial political issues, names of parties in lawsuits, referring to you as the “best” attorney in your practice area, mentioning one of a firm’s partners in a blog post but not the other partners)
Hire Legal Blog Writers
Law Blog Writers produces blog content specifically for law firms. We can give you well-written, informative content based on even the most cursory instructions, but the more you let us know about what you want, the better the content will be. Contact Law Blog Writers to start the discussion about your vision for your law firm’s blog, and we will deliver informative, engaging content for your readers.