Why SEO is Vital for Law Websites and Blogs
You may feel like you are just writing for an audience to grab the attention of potential clients, however, capturing all of that potential client traffic searching for attorneys requires optimizing your online presence. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is crucial if you want to convert potential clients who are searching online into prospective clients. In short, SEO is comprised of techniques that improve your website and blog so that they land closer to the top of the page when people search specific keywords in Google, Bing, Yahoo, and other search engines.
Here are some reasons why SEO is vital for law firm websites and blogs:
· Search engine users will typically click on – and check out – the top five results on a page. If you do not fall within the top five, you could easily lose that potential client to the attorneys who do land there.
· Being on the first page of search results for specific keywords that are relevant to your law firm increases trust in your web site, because people tend to trust search engines.
· SEO not only helps you in search engine results, it also improves your potential clients’ experiences when they are navigating through your website and blog.
· SEO puts you ahead of other law firms. If your law firm and another law firm practice the same types of law, the law firm with the best SEO is more than likely going to have more clients and obtain more clients.
Crucial Aspects of SEO Your Law Firm Should Focus On
With all of that said, the following aspects are what you should be focusing on to improve your search engine rankings:
1. Targeting Specific Local Keywords – For example, if you practice personal injury in Atlanta, you should be targeting Atlanta personal injury attorney, Atlanta personal injury lawyer, personal injury attorney in Atlanta, etc.
2. Get Into Google Places and Other Similar Directories – You want your law firm to rank in the maps that pop up for your local area. You need to invest some time and money to be included in these listings, but it is worth the return.
3. Devote Content to Practice Areas – Potential clients who are looking for attorneys to help them with their legal issues do research. By devoting your blog content and website content to the areas of law that you practice and by using your insights and experience, you will have a better chance of ranking high for those specific search terms. For example, a criminal defense attorney will want to use terms such as: DUI/DWI, grand theft, petty theft, burglary, and homicide.
4. Provide a Top-Notch User Experience – Once people find your website, you want them to find what they are looking for. This means that you want your website to be informative, professional, and captivating.
Even though the survey findings were from three years ago, they sound about right even today. Lawyernomics also published that beyond the initial 21.9 percent of potential clients who immediately head to the web for an attorney, 55.7 percent of potential clients find attorneys by word of mouth. What do you think they do after they get the referral to your law firm? They will most likely head to your website, too. Unfortunately, if you do not have an impressive website and blog, you will take the chance of losing those clients.
You may not have the time to invest in writing for your blog like you would like to. We completely understand that. Your website doesn’t have to suffer and sit at the bottom of search engine rankings. Contact Law Blog Writers today if you want to bring your blog up to speed with highly informative content. We ensure that our content fits all of the above rules to boost the SEO of your website and get it recognized by the search engines.